Many clients find that between one and only a few sessions are needed to begin feeling better, and to reach their goals.
Ready for Counselling? Take a short quiz below:
If you answer "True" to any of the following items, you likely WILL find counselling helpful at this time:
1. It might be worthwhile to work on my problem.
2. I've been thinking that I might want to change something about myself.
3. I have a problem and I really think I should work at it.
If you answer "True" to any of the following items, you may NOT find counselling at this time very helpful:
1. As far as I'm concerned, I don't have any problems that need changing.
2. Going to counselling is pretty much a waste of time for me because the problem doesn't have to do with me.
3. I would rather cope with my faults than try to change them.
[Questions adapted from URICA (Long Form)(University of Rhode Island Change Assessment)]
Unsure about how to choose a therapist? Click the link below to go to Psychologists Association of Alberta website for more information.
Nora MacQuarrie, Registered Psychologist
4616 Valiant Drive NW
Proudly powered by Weebly