Many clients find that between one and only a few sessions are needed to begin feeling better, and to reach their goals.
Ready for Counselling? Take a short quiz below:
If you answer "True" to any of the following items, you likely WILL find counselling helpful at this time:
1. It might be worthwhile to work on my problem.
2. I've been thinking that I might want to change something about myself.
3. I have a problem and I really think I should work at it.
If you answer "True" to any of the following items, you may NOT find counselling at this time very helpful:
1. As far as I'm concerned, I don't have any problems that need changing.
2. Going to counselling is pretty much a waste of time for me because the problem doesn't have to do with me.
3. I would rather cope with my faults than try to change them.
[Questions adapted from URICA (Long Form)(University of Rhode Island Change Assessment)]
Unsure about how to choose a therapist? Click the link below to go to Psychologists Association of Alberta website for more information.
Nora MacQuarrie, Registered Psychologist
Provident Professional Building
4616 Valiant Drive NW, Suite 008
Proudly powered by Weebly